[Mailman-Users] Re: FreeBSD 4.7 Sendmail rejecting aliases

Will Froning wfroning at uop.edu
Thu May 22 16:05:16 CEST 2003

> Did anyone need to, after installing FreeBSD 4.7, need to make any
> changes to sendmail to make it's aliases work?  Cause when I send an
> email to<listname>@domian.com I get a returned mail saying "User
> Unknown" and the list *IS* in the aliases file.

Yes.  FreeBSD's sendmail install doesn't accept mail for the entire
domain, it only accepts for the localhost.

Try sending the mail to listname at hostname.domain.com.  If that works but
the other doesn't, try added domain.com to /etc/mail/local-host-names
and restarting sendmail (cd /etc/mail && make restart).

Will

--
Will Froning
Unix Sys. Admin.