[Mailman-Users] List members not receiving mail?

Rajib Momen elrond at bostoncomputing.net
Wed May 21 22:22:06 CEST 2003

Okay,

So I look through /var/log/maillog and notice a few things. Some of the
messages say stat=Sent. Others say stat=Deferred, more still say
stat=User unknown, and finally, I noticed that for many of the addresses
which failed, it says stat=Service unavailable. I think this here is
what I need to troubleshoot. Let me get you an example of a line in the
maillog:

May 20 18:51:11 listserv sendmail[29107]: h4KMjPE29105:
to=<elrond at bostoncomputing.net>,<tmclaughlin at bostoncomputing.net>,<scarr
oll at bostoncomputing.net>,<rune at bostoncomputing.net>, delay=00:05:45,
xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=2652480, relay=bostoncomputing.net.
[216.67.232.37], dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable

Best regards,
Rajib Momen