[Mailman-Users] mm_htaccess questions

NOW Website Coordinator webperson at now.org
Wed May 21 19:35:42 CEST 2003

The FAQ has two scripts to use to generate an Apache password file that can
be used to authenticate a directory with Mailman passwords, in my case, the
archive directory for one of my lists.

The script mm_htaccess works fine, but I was wondering if anyone had
fine-tuned it.

I want it only to work for one list, and only if that list was new.

I also can't seem to get it not to write error messages (or really, it just
writes its report to the cron id, but it won't send it to /dev/null or a
file since I assume it is writing the password added as an error message,
not just standard output.)

Glenn Sieb added a makefile script which works for all lists, but that's
more than I need.

Has anyone done any of this for their lists?  I know if I spend enough time
with a Perl manual I should be able to get this to work, but didn't want to
reinvent any wheels.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah Stapleton-Gray
Web Site Coordinator