[Mailman-Users] Pipermail html links problems

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon May 19 00:13:26 CEST 2003

At 06:57 17/05/2003, Paco wrote:
>Hello list
>
>I'm using mailman 2.1.1 and everything works fine, but the
>html pages for the public archive dosen't have absolutes URL
>for Thread, Subject, Author, Date, Text Gzip and download full raw
>archive...
>
>The problem is that I'm importing that html into a php page, and I need
>the full url for all the links, right now I'm getting
>http://mysite.com/2003-May/subject.html insted of
>http://mysite.com/pipermail/list/2003-May/subject.html
>
>the links in my public archive html are like 2003-May/subject.html,
>2003-May/thread.html
>and so on, is there any way to change that, so
>http://mysite.com/pipermail/list generates
>the html with the full urls of each link?? or can you tell me where in the
>code can I change
>it?, I tried to search the mailman code for it, but got lost :(
>
>Any ideas or work arounds will be appreciated...

Fix the code that is screen scraping the list's web pages.

Now if you were using a decent language like Python instead of PHP you
would find Python's urlparse module and its urljoin function do exactly
what you want: look at the Python documentation. I am surprised PHP doesn't
have a module to do this; something based on the PHP parse_url function. It
wouldn't need rocket science to extend it to do the necessary.