[Mailman-Users] Is there a mass unsubscribe utility / widget / input form?

Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri May 16 18:43:46 CEST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Mark Rauterkus wrote:

> > On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 05:50:11PM -0500, Mark Rauterkus wrote:
> >> Just as there is a mass subscribe form in the web interface for MM, I'd like
> >> a mass UNSUBCRIBE. This (wish list) form could have a field to NUKE names
> >> from an existing list.
> >
> > Membership management screen.  Uncheck the "subscribed" column.  You
> > can remove as many members at a time as you like, within the
> > constraints of how many are shown on the screen.
>
> Understood.
>
> But that solution is much harder than a cut-and-paste. I'd love to gather a
> number of addresses in one field and then hit submit once. With multiple
> pages for a congregational sized list -- the unsubscribe column is a bit of
> a frustration.

Make a script:

run $MAILMAN/bin/list_members LISTNAME >/tmp/unsub
edit /tmp/unsub leaving users you wanna remove

And feed that into $MAILMAN/bin/remove_members -f /tmp/unsub LISTNAME

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies