[Mailman-Users] Importing emails to mailman's database

Mike Avery mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
Thu May 15 20:54:50 CEST 2003

On 15 May 2003 at 11:17, chris souza wrote:

> DP, you are correct. Currently the emails are on a MS
> SQL database. I am trying to figure out how to export
> the emails and import them to mailman. Once this is
> done I need to submit a monthly newsletter.

No sweat.  Once you've installed Mailman, created the list you need,
subscribed yourself to it, and made sure the list works....

Create a plain text file of the 15,000 email addresses (that's the key
word you left out... there's a difference between 15,000 emails and
15,000 email addresses), with one address per line.  Perhaps you can
create a report and send it to a file instead of to a printer.

Then you can either cut and paste that file into the Mailman mass
subscription screen, or use the "specify a file to upload" option.

Once the people are members, you can start sending out your
newsletter.

Depending on your connection, and the connections of your
subscribers, it can take a while to get out 15,000 mails....

Mike