[Mailman-Users] Migration from 2.0.13 -> 2.1-8

Bruno Mattarollo bruno at web1.greenpeace.org
Thu May 15 16:30:22 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a server that was hacked and we managed to recover the files from
it. I had a mailman 2.0.13 installation there and our new server is
running RedHat 9 with the default Mailman 2.1-8 installation. How is the
upgrade procedure? I read on this list that you need to copy the lists/
files over to /var/mailman/lists/ and then use bin/check_perms but I get
this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/check_perms", line 51, in ?
    MAILMAN_GID = grp.getgrnam(MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
KeyError: getgrnam(): name not found

This is a standard RH9 installation.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

/B

--

--- Bruno Mattarollo <bruno at web1.greenpeace.org> ---
    SysAdmin & TechLead - Greenpeace International