[Mailman-Users] Error with "http://my.dom.ain/mailman/create"

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue May 13 18:51:41 CEST 2003

At 17:19 13/05/2003, abid wrote:
>I installed mailman 2.1 successfully

Hopefully you mean MM 2.1.2, the latest stable MM release. Did you install
from source or an RPM? What OS are running.

>I have apache running successfully
>I have php installed
>I have python installed

What version of Python?

>After installation I go to /bin directory and run mmsitepass and create a
>password.
>
>However when I go to the myip/mailman/create I get an error message.

What error message?

Have you created the site mailing list? Have you started $prefix/bin/mailmanctl

>Do I need to modify httpd.conf in apache at all?

Yes. ScriptAlias and Alias and related directives need to have been added
to httpd.conf. This is described in the $build/INSTALL document in your
Mailman build directory. You should review all the instructions in that
INSTALL file to check that all the installation steps have been completed.