[Mailman-Users] Archive URL for 3rd-party search engine

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon May 12 17:18:06 CEST 2003

At 19:09 12/05/2003, Cynthia.Leslie at CitationSoftware.com wrote:
>Hello.
>
>My company manages several Web sites that are hosted on a dedicated server
>maintained by an out-of-state ISP. This ISP offers us the use of a Mailman
>mailing-list system. We have configured the system for a mailing list that
>we want to host, and it works fine except that it does not allow us to
>search its archives.
>
>I believe that I can probably set up my own archive-searching system by
>using a third-party search engine (e.g., FreeFind, Google Lycos) to do a
>site-specific search. However, I am having trouble determining what the
>URL for the site should be.
>
>The domain for our list is list.objectinnovations.com.grassroots-marketing
>and, as I've said, it's hosted by our ISP, whose URL is
>www.intermedia.net. I have tried the following URLs:
>
>http://list.objectinnovations.com/Grassroots-marketing

>http://mailman.intermedia.net/pipermail/grassroots-marketing
>
>None of these seem to work.
>
>Can someone help?
>
>Thanks.
>
>- Cynthia Leslie

http://mailman.intermedia.net/pipermail/grassroots-marketing/ worked for
me. It is the arget of the link on
http://list.objectinnovations.com/mailman/listinfo/grassroots-marketing
under the heading "How to see prior postings".

http://mailman.intermedia.net/pipermail/grassroots-marketing/index.html
also works OK

But http://mailman.intermedia.net/pipermail/grassroots-marketing does not
work. If it were me, I would ask the ISP to put a RewriteRule into the
Apache httpd.conf file so that it did.