[Mailman-Users] obfuscating email addresses

D. Goel deego at gnufans.org
Mon May 12 12:57:15 CEST 2003

I know this must be a FAQ.  I searched archives, but no luck :(

My spam increased dramatically after i started running mailman some 4
weeks ago. You must have all seen the article that estimates that most
spam comes from email addresses being listed verbatim on webpages.

Mailman lists the list addresses and admin's addresses verbatim on the
webpage of the lists I run.  How do i ask mailman to obfuscate them?

I guess I could "supply" the obfuscated address in the first place for
admin's email address but that would be wrong? -- because mailman
itself uses that email to send notifications?

Mailman Version:
,----
`----

DG                                 http://gnufans.net/