[Mailman-Users] Archives - importing from Yahoogroups...

Dan Wright US2002021042 listmod at camarilla.white-wolf.com
Mon May 5 14:03:35 CEST 2003

Try http://freshmeat.net/projects/yahoo2mbox/?topic_id=87

Part of my job requires moving pre-existing yahoo lists over to mailman.
Rather easy to use.. download the archives into a file, then use the
~mailman/bin/arch command to add it to the archives.

Example:

you download the file to yahoo.mbox and the list you want to move the
archives over to is mailman-users, you would use the command line

~mailman/bin/arch mailman ~/yahoo.mbox

That would then add those to the archives in the necessary areas.

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 07:35, schuetzen wrote:
> Has anyone ever experienced any problems in using the archives once they were
> imported from Yahoogroups (after transferring an elist to Mailman)?
> in fact, has anyone ever experienced any problems in doing the importing,
> period?
>
> thanks
> chas
> --
> powered by Linux, Suse 8.2 Pro + Agent under Wine emulator
> Charles L Hamilton, Houston, TX  chasm @ texas. net  www.schuetzen.net

-- ANTA: List and Forum Moderation
-- AIM: rulesninja
-- Email: listmod at camarilla.white-wolf.com