[Mailman-Users] looking for: find_member.cgi

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun May 4 23:03:55 CEST 2003

well 664 would open up your list databases and their clear text
passwords.  Have you tried making the owner "apache".  Mailman only
cares about the group, so you can mangle the owner and give rights that
way.

Another option is to add "apache" to the group "mailman" -or- it would
be better if your cgi ran as it's own user; then add that user to the
group "mailman.

I've done all these at various times and for various clients. Another
favorite of mine is to create a bash binary that runs as SetID mailman.
Then any script run via this bash shell is run as the user/group
"mailman".  This is especially handy for setting up scripts activated
via mailed-in commands.

Hope the above is helpful,

Jon Carnes

BTW: looks like we need to have "mailman-power-users" group for
discussion and archiving of such issues.