[Mailman-Users] loop prevention with sendmail

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat May 3 17:31:21 CEST 2003

Sounds like their client is dropping the headers.  You should return the
favor and drop the user.  I'm not kidding here.  The subscriber is not
being considerate of you or the other members on the list.

Vacation messages should only be set to respond if the user is
explicitly listed in the TO: or CC: field.  Another check is to look for
the X-header that indicates the mail is from mailing list.

If you want to be nice, you could simply move this user over to No Mail
or click on his moderation bit (version 2.1.x)

On a personal note, I haven't had that problem on any of my lists in
about 2 years now.

Jon Carnes