[Mailman-Users] Re: database error message when upgraded to 2.1.2

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Fri May 2 06:36:42 CEST 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:41:31PM -0700, NOW Website Coordinator wrote:

> The other mailman jobs are not taking up that much CPU, although several
> are using over 50 megs of RAM (and not doing anything, as I said).  From
> top on the Linux machine:
>
>   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
> 21689 mailman   16   4 57292  55M  3896 R N  88.0  5.5 547:54 python

> And over on the Solaris machine which isn't doing anything at all (nothing
> incoming, no qfiles):
>
>    PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE    TIME    CPU COMMAND
>  20332 mailman    4  30    0   73M   72M run    967:30 72.16% python

What happens if you kill those processes? What about if you stop, and
restart mailman (via mailmanctl)?

You could also try "strace -p[pid]" and see if you can see what (if
anything) the process is doing.

Usually, when I see really long running mailman procs like that eating
up so much CPU, I kill them.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."