[Mailman-Users] database error message when upgraded to 2.1.2

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri May 2 03:21:06 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 18:19, NOW Website Coordinator wrote:

> For some reason, both on our old Solaris site and now on our new Linux
> site, the Outgoing Runner takes up 70- 90% of our CPU.  I even told it to
> be "nice" on Linux.

I'm not seeing that on any of my sites.  Mailman 2.0.13 and Mailman
2.1.1 all work very nicely and only eat up CPU or RAM while crunching
away on messages.  Once the queues are empty Mailman drops out of site
on my "top" command.

Take a look in some of the directories:
  ls -l ~mailman/data
  ls -l ~mailman/qfiles/*

You can run each of the qrunners separately (one at a time) and see
which one eats up the most cpu.  My guess is the archiver.

What version of python are you using?