[Mailman-Users] Simple Subscription?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu May 1 20:39:07 CEST 2003

Luke Palmer wrote:
>I’m looking to add a feature to my website where users can subscribe to my
>mailing list by simply entering their address in a box and hitting “submit.”
>I’m in general dealing with non-technical users, so welcome messages,
>password reminders, etc, would do nothing but confuse/annoy them.

      Do realize that all those checks are there for a reason.  The way you
want it done anyone can subscribe anyone (this is done by teenagers and
other childish folks as a form of harassment).  Then if one or more of
those people subscribed against their will decides to report you as a
spammer your IP# may end up being rejected by a bunch of black hole lists.

      That said, you want to go to mm_cfg.py, and set:

DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 0
ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = 1

<>< (P²-a)/(u+l) = B³/(y+e)(r-l)*y