[Mailman-Users] Re: MX Record?

Jeff Hahn jeffh at gryphongardens.com
Mon Mar 31 20:42:48 CEST 2003

The only reason you would need a separate MX record for lists.domain.com
(which already has an A record) is if you are using a "wildcard" MX record
for domain.com

*	in	mx	10	mail.domain.com.

There are a number of good reasons to NOT use wildcard MX records.  If you
are running a mail server, you should understand the pros and cons.

If you are NOT running a wildcard MX listing, an additional MX listing for
the list server is superfluous.  Unless you want to setup a backup mail
exchanger for the list domain.

@	in 	mx	10	mail.domain.com.
lists	in	A	192.168.123.123

or