[Mailman-Users] Internal Domain Resolution

Sullivan, John jsullivan at mlsnet.com
Mon Mar 31 19:10:59 CEST 2003

Here is a chunk of the maillog file.

Mar 31 12:01:57 localhost sendmail[780]: h2SKs2Rg011995:
to=<jsullivan at mlsnet.com>, delay=2+20:07:55, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=6439538, relay=mail.majorleaguesoccer.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with mail.majorleaguesoccer.com.

Mar 31 12:01:57 localhost sendmail[780]: h2R14iRf002505:
to=<90minutes at mlsnet.com>, delay=4+15:57:12, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=10488802, relay=mail.majorleaguesoccer.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with mail.majorleaguesoccer.com.

It is trying to send mail to jsullivan at mlsnet.com through the relay of
mail.majorleaguesoccer.com -
Same Server ---mlsnet.com and mail.majorleaguesoccer.com ---
as far as the DNS/MX records go so it shouldn't make a difference.

Both of these domains (lists.mlsnet.com and mlsnet.com are on the same
network)

Is there a way I can tell the mailman to resolve mlsnet.com locally rather
looking for a relay on the internet - I think that is my problem but not
sure how to fix it.