[Mailman-Users] quiestion: problem with MTA = 'None' in Default.py

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 18:25:39 CEST 2003

At 06:35 31/03/2003, Miroslav Ris SA of iNet wrote:
>Problem:
>
>I using Exim as MTA, and set MTA='None' in Default.py
>
>And always getting this error ImportError: No module named None
>
>Sample:
>[is:/usr/local/mailman]# ./bin/check_perms -f
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./bin/check_perms", line 356, in ?
>     checkmta()
>   File "./bin/check_perms", line 286, in checkmta
>     __import__(modname)
>ImportError: No module named None
>
>Whats wrong?
>
>--
>Miroslav Ris
>System Administrator
>iNet System

>iNet WebMail System

In this context None is a Python reserved word, which when used in an
assignment, gives a variable (MTA in this case) a value distinct from say 0
or the empty string.

You need to remove the quotes from around None in your assignment. You are
currently assigning a four character string (containing N, o, n and e) to
the MTA variable.