[cz_work] Re: [Mailman-Users] web admin help

ben strawbridge ben at cenozoa.com
Fri Mar 28 17:54:29 CET 2003

I checked my browser settings, flushed all the cookies and restarted it
accepting all cookies, still not working - do you know how the cookie is
being labeled, maybe i can look in the cookie folder to see if that is
the problem.

also in mailman/bin there is no change_pw script it skips from arch to
check_db.  the mmsitepasswd script is there and i did use that to change
the main admin password.

thanks.

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 11:51, irwin wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2003 08:36 am, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have set up a mailman server on redhat 7.3.
> > It sends messages, it signs people up, the web interface all works,
> > pipermail works... but when I go to the administrative interface I try
> > to log in with either the list admin password or the global admin
> > password I always get "Authentication Failed" message in red letters on
> > the web page.
> >
> > I followed the instructions for the RHL install of Mailman, it was
> > already installed by my host, and can't find anything that I skipped.  I
> > look in the log files but don't see the right message.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this?  Any suggestions on where to look to find
> > out what is going on would be a great help.
> >
> > thanks!
>
> Are you accepting cookies?   or
>
> If you have root access, you might try resetting the password.
>
> .../bin/change_pw    for the list
> .../bin/mmsitepass   for the site
>
> Irwin
Ben Strawbridge - Senior Interface Engineer
Cenozoa Corporation
33 Little West 12th St. #106A
New York, NY 10014
http://www.cenozoa.com