[Mailman-Users] special characters in subscriber address

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Thu Mar 27 23:24:35 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, ljacobs wrote:
> Somehow a user got subscribed as "pgyallay"@keap at fone.net and this
> seems to be causing problems with my list.  Unfortunately I am
> unable to unsubscribe this user using the command line
> remove_members or the web interface.
>
> How do I remove this member from the list?

I wrote a routine that is compatible with "withlist" for doing
this.  Save it into rmmember.py.

def rmmember(mlist, addr):
        try:
                print 'key: ', mlist.getMemberKey(addr)
                mlist.removeMember(mlist.getMemberKey(addr))
                mlist.Save()
        except NotAMember:
                print 'No address matched:', addr

Run "bin/withlist" to see usage on how withlist works.  This
command should remove your member:

% bin/withlist -l -r rmmember mylist  "pgyallay"@keap at fone.net

alex