[Mailman-Users] Help Newbie trying to get working..

Sullivan, John jsullivan at mlsnet.com
Wed Mar 26 18:26:02 CET 2003

Hi all - I have been asked to setup a server for mailing out a daily
newsletter to about 50k addresses. I have setup a redhat linux 8.0 server
and have installed Apache and Mailman. I am somewhat familiar with
configuring apache but I am not familiar with MailMan nor can I find any
decent Newbie guides to get it up and running.

1.	How do I get to the Web Interface? - Mailman is installed in
/var/mailman - Is it all done through a Web interface or is there any
application to run on the local server? If so how do I start the application
up?
2.	Can anyone point me to some decent newbie guides on how to make this
work?
3.	If you feel like it and it would be appreciated if anyone wants to
outline the steps I need to take in order to get it working initially?
4.	Does Mailman need a MYSQL DB to hold the lists addresses or does it
have it's own DB that it stores that info in? If so How can import the
current address I have into that DB?

Thanks for your help.

John Sullivan