[Mailman-Users] Common password or password disable

Don V Black groups at ComputerBums.com
Wed Mar 26 06:36:27 CET 2003

Hi -

I run mailman on a 4 digit list for my society.
I just bulk load our maillist from a file, without
the notification option enabled so that the change
of server would be transparent.  Now nobody
knows their password.  They shouldn't need a
password to unsubscribe.

This is a real pain for the mail list manager.  People
are forced to unsubscribe by either requesting their
password, or requesting that I manually remove them.

There must be a better way.  I will not make the admin
password available to the subscriber.  Can I disable the
unsubscribe password requirement?  Can I force mailman
to generate the same password for all the new subscribers?

Help!

- Don V Black

Join the Pros at your IEEE Computer Society
          http://www.IEEE-OCCS.org

Digital ChoreoGraphics       http://www.dcgfx.com
3D Visualization Software    Design & Development
1-949-548-1969                 dcg02 at softcafe.net