[Mailman-Users] Mailman Newbie having set up problems

ghhalley ghhalley at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 20:08:40 CET 2003

Howdy,

Upgraded my RH 8 to Python 2.2.2 and Mailman 2.1.1

Now I'm trying to get my test lists to work.

Currently, I am receiving no email from Mailman.

Emails going into Mailman are received.  After my initial tests and 3
days of debugging, the Sendmail logs seemed normal and all of the
QFiles had a backlog.  So I thought, maybe a qfile was jamming the
system.  I moved the qfile files to temporarily directory. Then tried
subscribing through the user website and my virgin qfile has 10 files
in it (nothing in the other qfiles).  I have not received any type of
confirmation email and am not listed on the admin subscription page.

Any ideas what is preventing the completion of Mailman?  Could it be a
security or interface problem with Sendmail?  Could it be a problem
with the Mailman database or within the program?

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated -- I've came to the
limit of my knowledge and the docs.

George Halley