[Mailman-Users] archive path

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 12:01:07 CET 2003

At 07:24 25/03/2003, kenneth at drosera.be wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have a setup using Mailman 2.1 and have the following situation:

>         <mailto:orchids-request at orchidguide.com?subject=subscribe>
>
>As you can see the "List-Archive" line point to the hostname and not the
>the "list domain".
>
>How do I fix this ?
>I tried modifying mm_cfg.py to no avail as I only seem to break the program.
>

>kind regards,
>
>Kenneth.

Try using $prefix/bin/fix_url.py

Its help says:

<quote>
 > bin/fix_url.py --help
Reset a list's web_page_url attribute to the default setting.

This script is intended to be run as a bin/withlist script, i.e.

% bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname [options]

     -u urlhost
     --urlhost=urlhost
         Look up urlhost in the virtual host table and set the web_page_url and
         host_name attributes of the list to the values found.  This
         essentially moves the list from one virtual domain to another.

         Without this option, the default web_page_url and host_name values are
         used.

     -v / --verbose
         Print what the script is doing.

If run standalone, it prints this help text and exits.
</quote>