[Mailman-Users] Re: filtering Importance headers

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Mon Mar 24 09:42:37 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:47:24PM -0500, Erez Zadok wrote:

> Is there a way that Mailman can remove certain headers before a
> message is posted to a list?  In particular, I want to remove the
> "Importance" header, which some posters will set to "high" or
> "urgent" unnecessarily.  Some MUAs do all kinds of things users
> dislike for high-priority mails.
>
> Note: I don't want to reject such posts automatically, b/c their
> content may still be valuable, just not as urgent as the sender
> thinks.

My guess is that the easiest way to do this would be using a simple Perl
script, and pipe incoming messages through this script before they hit
Mailman at all. You could also use Procmail / formail.

AFAIK, there's no way to do this within Mailman itself.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."