[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman with Apache James

Güray Sen seng at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 22 02:58:18 CET 2003

Hullo everyone,

Has anyone got Mailman to work with the Apache James mail server? I seem
to be running into a configuration problem. After creating the list
Test, Mailman tells me to setup the following aliases:

## test mailing list
## created: 21-Mar-2003 root
test:                    "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

Easy enough if you are using sendmail, because you can just copy&paste
the above into /etc/aliases and run "newaliases". What about James? I
can create aliases with the Remote Administrator, but I don't think
James supports the piping construct.

Any idea's appreciated.