[Mailman-Users] Error messages using Postfix v.2.0.6

Ted Dively ted at groupd.com
Fri Mar 21 22:03:36 CET 2003

Mailman v.2.1.1
Postfix v.2.0.6
Python v.2.2.2

I get this error from the mail server:

<mailman at zaius.groupd.com>: Command died with status 2:
     "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman". Command output:
Group
     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
     group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as
     group "nobody".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
     "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
     `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.
Reporting-MTA: dns; zaius.groupd.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:57:54 -0800 (PST)

But when I reconfigure everything to correct this, I get the same exact
error, but with "mailman" and "nobody" swapped. In other words, no
matter how I configure mailman, whether with "nobody" or "mailman", it
bounced the mail.

Also, when executing bin/mailmanctl start, I get these errors:

Starting Mailman's master qrunner.
[zaius:/usr/local/mailman] ted% Cannot import runner module
Mailman.Queue.ArchRunner
No module named _socket
Cannot import runner module Mailman.Queue.OutgoingRunner
No module named _socket
Cannot import runner moduleCannot import runner module
Mailman.Queue.NewsRunner
No module named _socket
  Mailman.Queue.IncomingRunner
No module named _socket
Cannot import runner module Mailman.Queue.BounceRunner
No module named _socket
Cannot import runner module Mailman.Queue.CommandRunner
No module named _socket
Cannot import runner module Mailman.Queue.VirginRunner
No module named _socket

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here? I'm pulling out my
hair trying to get this installation to work.

Ted Dively
*********
Group D Communications -- IT Support, Databases, Networking, Web Sites
POB 170697
San Francisco, CA 94117-0697
PH 415.401.8333 x305
FX 415.401.8334