[Mailman-Users] moderated list posts

Teresa Crawford teresa at speakeasy.org
Thu Mar 20 15:36:31 CET 2003

I just set up a new list using Mailman.  We imported about 4000 names
from Topica to this new list.  Everyone was told we were making the
change and they were also automatically sent a Welcome message from
Mailman.

Even though they did not have to at least 3 people replied to the
Mailman welcome message saying they wanted to confirm their
subscription.

Although I have this set up as a moderated list where I have to
approve all posts somehow these 3 messages got through.  Is there
another setting I need to check to make sure this does not happen?

Thanks for the help.  I have alot of angry subscribers.

Teresa

Teresa Crawford
The Advocacy Project
www.advocacynet.org
teresa at advocacynet.org
718 230 0225 NYC

* Aiding community campaigners for human rights and peace *