[Mailman-Users] Re: subscribers' passwords

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Fri Mar 14 21:06:17 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 01:09:24AM -0500, Duke wrote:

> I recently installed Mailman, replacing Majordomo, and I just used the
> mass subscription feature and fed it my Majordomo subscriber lists.  I'm
> wondering what, if any, my subscribers' initial passwords are, or how I
> could set them.

I think a random password is assigned to each subscriber when you
mass-subscribe. The passwords are sent to the subscribers in the monthly
password reminders, so you could just run whatever is in the mailman
crontab; probably something like:

python /usr/local/mailman/cron/mailpasswds

- this would mail all subscribers their passwords.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."