[Mailman-Users] mailman - sendmail sending queue too long

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Fri Mar 14 14:42:59 CET 2003

Hi,

I have the following problem with mailman. I'm administering a list of
about 450 subscribers. When there is a new mail to the list, mailman
invokes sendmail with very big recipient lists. I can check this by running

/usr/sbin/sendmail -bp

occasionally. My problem is, that some of these addresses are
problematic (the mail server is not reachable, it's slow, etc.) The
effect is, that people on the end of these lists get their mail with a
considerable delay, because they have to wait for all the others before
them.

I thought one solution might be to have mailman send out more jobs to
sendmail with a smaller recipient lists each. But I didn't find such
configuration options.

Is this possible? Or is there an other solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Akos