[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 not piping mail through Postfix 2.0.6?

Ted Dively ted at groupd.com
Fri Mar 14 03:22:03 CET 2003

Fellow listers:

First, please forgive me for my general state of "newbieness", but that's
about where I am with Mailman and Python.

In any event, I've installed Mailman v.2.1 on a machine configured thusly:

Power Mac G4 400MHz (AGP)
1GB RAM
Mac OS X Server v.10.2.4 (Darwin)
December 2002 developers' tools
Postfix v. 2.0.6
UW IMAP/POP (& Pine) v.4.53
Python v.2.2

I've followed the directions as best as I can to get Mailman v.2.1 up and
running, and it seems to be fine, except that the mail doesn't pipe
through Postfix unless I manually add  the addresses to the Postfix
aliases file. For instance, to get the mail to deliver something sent to
mailman-test-admin at domain.tld  to the "real" account user at domain.tld, I
need to edit the Postfix aliases file like so:

mailman-test-admin at domain.tld: user at domain.tld

Following the directions for dynamically generating the alias files for
both Postfix and Mailman doesn't seem to work, and I'm a bit lost at this
point. I can create and edit lists from the browser interface, and Postfix
works fine for general mail delivery along with UW IMAP/POP, so I'm a bit
stuck.

TIA for any guidance you all can offer me on this.

Ted Dively

--
Group D Communications -- IT Support, Databases, Networking, Web Sites
POB 170697
mailto:ted at groupd.com