[Mailman-Users] README.POSTFIX

Duke list_usr at spacebox.net
Thu Mar 13 19:51:48 CET 2003

In this file, included with the Mailman source distribution, I've
followed all the steps to have Mailman automagically add aliases for my
Postfix server.  However, when I tried to create a new list, I got a
pile of errors from Mailman, the last of which was this:

RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)

The above paths are correct.  Looking in data/alises, the aliases were
added fine.  Anyone know why I'd get that error?  I'm thinking it has to
do with user:group permissions.  I had to add "User apache" and "Group
nobody" to my apache configuration so the cgi scripts would be properly
executed.  So would apache:nobody be trying to run postalias, and get
denied for some reason?

Thanks,

    -- Duke.