[Mailman-Users] How can we ask for new "features"?

schuetzen - RKBA! chasm at texas.net
Thu Mar 13 11:02:53 CET 2003

May dislike a lot about YHGroups but the programming they have done on their mix
of mailman, qmail and Lord knows what else - is quite nice.  Support sucks
but...  and there needs to be a lot more batch operation capability on the
member database ... but it is still the friendliest interface out there.

Addressing one point - NoMail and Special Notices.

with Mailman, we have a NoMail feature but not the SN.  Personally, if I could
do it, (but I take so much morphine I have lost all logical thought progression
so I can obviously not program any longer), I would simply change the NoMail to
a version of both.  ie, it would stop mail but would still allow the member to
receive emergency/admin messages.

is this a possible change?

again, I have no idea what kind of language Python is nor do I wish to try to
learn as I do too much self abusing every day by just looking at the scale, the
mirror, yada <G>

would appreciate any info on where we could send our ideas for "improvements" of
the software.  really wish this had been around 20 yrs ago!!!
sigh
chas