[Mailman-Users] Mailman+Qmail+external subscribers

Jodie starky at shreve.net
Wed Mar 12 18:08:07 CET 2003

I have been searching for days for an answer to this, so please forgive me if
you know of some document or web site that addresses this problem.  Point me
to that document and I will be glad to read for myself.

I am currently running RH 7.3 with Qmail 1.03+patches-19 with Mailman
2.0.13-1.

I have one mailing list that is experiencing problems mailing out to CERTAIN
addresses on the membership list. When it sees this problem, it disables the
user.  I have not confirmed whether this is the only list with this problem.
However, none of the other lists are complaining.

Example:

I am subscribed to the list using my email address starky at shreve.net
(shreve.net being the default domain for the mail server hosting mailman).  I
am also subscribed to the list with a yahoo address barkusbarkus at yahoo.co.uk.
When I send a test message to the list, I get the test message at
starky at shreve.net.  I never get the test message at the yahoo account.  Many
of the other members who have non shreve.net addresses get disabled and the
admins get notifications that the emails bounced and these accounts were
disabled.  Now, my yahoo account (which never received the test message) does
NOT get disabled. So, it seems that no external (non shreve.net) addresses
are receiving posts, but not all are bouncing (hence not all get disabled).

The mail server is working properly as far as normal sending and receiving
email operations go...and it is listening on 127.0.0.1.

I would be interested in looking at the actual bounce messages from the
MAILER-DAEMON. However, I don't know how I can get to these messages, if it
is even possible.  I  am hoping that these messages might shed some light on
the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  Or, if I have provided too
little information, I will be glad to provide anything necessary to help
solve this issue.

Thanks!
--
Jodie E Crouch III