[Mailman-Users] Different Errors this time

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 19:52:20 CET 2003

Please see the FAQ

In a nutshell it will tell you that Mailman's CGI's are setup with a
security feature during the install.  The feature only allows someone
with the proper GroupID to run the CGI's.

The scripts that are run via your MTA (mail-server) should be set to
only run for someone with a GroupID of "mailnull".  This is because
*your* mail-server runs as GroupID "mailnull"

To set this up, you need to rerun the ./configure command (assuming you
installed this from source):
  ./configure --with-mail-gid=mailnull
  make install

Note: this will not hurt any of your current lists or list values
(unless you modified the ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py file instead of
the mm_cfg.py file).  So fixing this should be a five minute job.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes