[Mailman-Users] How does MM 2.1.1 catch bounces? -- too many "Uncaught.."

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 12 15:44:52 CET 2003

We have upgraded to 2.1.1 about 2 weeks ago.
We have about 20 mailing lists, totalling about 70-100 messages
a day -- although mainly from one 1-3 lists.

I've been getting half a dozen "Uncaught bounce notification"
messages a day, and had been ignoring them more or less --
hoping mailman would somehow do things automagically.
Now that I've read the related info more carefully, I realize
these are just the bounces that mailman is *not* able to deal
with automatically.
I've looked at some and really wondered _why_ mailman couldn't
figure out the E-mail address that bounced when it looked very
obvious to the human eye.

- Hints?
- To whom could I forward examples of these?

Thank you,
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><