[Mailman-Users] Mailman Administration via email

Mike Simons msimons at moria.simons-clan.com
Thu Mar 6 22:26:05 CET 2003

Hi,

  I would like to be able to approve/deny subscriptions and posts to
mailman lists via email.

- How can mailman be told to send the text of any pending message along
  with the notification?
- Where should I look/ask to find the status of a mailman TODO item?

I see in the TODO list,
===
Mailcmd interface
* Provide an email interface to all administrative commands
===

  I'd like to know if that is close to completion, and where to see the
current status of that feature.

  If that is far away from completion, I would like to know how to get
the body of any message being held for approval to be sent to the admin
along with the notification of pending request...
  I think from there I can get a procmail rule on the receiving host to
run the admin commands based on my reply... a kludged form of email
administration.

    Thanks,
      Mike Simons

ps:
  I am currently using Mailman 2.0.13 as shipped with Redhat 8.0...