[Mailman-Users] password and confirmation email questions

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri Mar 7 14:18:51 CET 2003

Jeff,

I can't answer 1, except to say that people can unsubscribe even if they
have forgotten their password, it just takes more confirmation steps.

As for 2, look in ~mailman/templates/en (for English, anyway).  In
particular, look at subscribeack.txt.  I would look through all of them
to see what else you want to change, like unsubscribe files.

Note:  If you install an update, like 2.1.1 over 2.1, it will overwrite
your changes, so save them (I have subscribeack.txt.orig and
subscribeack.txt.Mine) and check after the upgrade to copy them back over.

Note:  Some things that you change this way require restarting Mailman.
  I use /etc/init.d/mailman restart.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own