[Mailman-Users] web site

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 6 15:35:08 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 09:23, Julian Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm completely lost with this MailMan program.  It came pre-installed with the hosting I've purchased recently.  Does anyone know how to set it up so that there will be a SUBSCRIBE button on my web site (without asking for passwords)?  That way people interested in getting news from my website can simply type in their e-mail address and I will be able to send out mass e-mails to them.
>
> Julian

Cool.

On your web-page you can put a mailto: form that mails to
mylist-request at mydomain.com and has as the subject:
  subscribe email at their.domain.com

You'll need to grab the "email at their.domain.com" from your web form.

That will send a subscribe email to your list and then your list will
respond back to the email address and ask for confirmation (you really
want that).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes