[Mailman-Users] Moving servers

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Mar 5 05:06:22 CET 2003

* alex (alex at damngeek.com) wrote:
> I remember seeing once a post for how to move all archive files from one
> server to another, and now that I need to do such a thing, I can't find the
> documents. If I create a list on the new server, add all the normal users
> and set all the options, then move the .mbox file to the appropriate place
> (to overwrite the newly created archive), will all work itself out? Or was
> there more to it than that?

If you create the lists from a fresh install, and configure that install the
way you want, then add the users to the new install, yes... it would be just
a matter of overwritting the newly created .mbox file and regenerating the
archives (with ~prefix/bin/arch).

You could save yourself some time.  If both installations are the same
mailman version, you could just create the new list and copy the
~prefix/lists/LISTNAME dir to the new server, respective location.

Remember the templates (web/email) if you modified them.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Useless Invention: Diet celery.