[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Welcome messages

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 03:07:59 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 22:21, Prem Veeramani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We subscribed a bunch of people on our list.  It looks like each of them
> received many copies of the welcome message.  In the subscriber log ,
> each person has many entries for their email id.  Has anyone encountered
> such a problem.  Or any suggestions why this might have happened.
>
> Prem.

What version of Mailman are you running?

What OS, and what MTA?

Did you subscribe the people only once but they received multiple
messages? -or- did you subscribe them multiple times and they got
multiple messages?

In versions 2.0.13 and 2.1, I get "Already Installed" whenever I try to
install a person more than once.  Folks I subscribe only get on Welcome
message.

Jon Carnes