[Mailman-Users] FW: html emails

Ken Kyler ken at kyler.net
Mon Mar 3 20:11:20 CET 2003

> 1. Where is the setting for allowing messages that aren't just
> text? I tried
> to send an HTML email to the list once and it got stripped before it was
> delivered. I know there's that "plain" checkbox in Membership Management,
> but the instructions make this look like it only pertains to digest-only
> members. If it *is* for everybody, is there a way to globally uncheck that
> box? I wouldn't want to have to physically uncheck 2000+ boxes.

Here's what I do - hopefully someone more knowledgeable will advise if I'm
doing it correctly.

On the [Content filtering] page...

"Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
below?" is set to "Yes"

"Remove message attachments that have a matching content type." is set to
'image'

"Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type." is
empty

"Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text?" is set to "Yes"

"Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules." is set
to "Reject"

This does convert HTML messages coming into the list to plain text.

I'm not sure if it strips all attachments or not.  I wish something more
detailed was written up on this feature.

Ken