[Mailman-Users] First-timer

Vince LaMonica vjl at soceco.uci.edu
Mon Mar 3 05:49:51 CET 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Luke Pascoe wrote:

} line apps) _except_ that it won't send email. For example if I send an email
} to mailman-owner at mymachine.com I can watch it go through Exim, get piped to
} /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman like it's supposed to, exim is happy that
} the email is delivered, but I never get the email (I'm conf'd as the owner).

Just to confirm, have you subscribed yourself to the mailman list? Even
though you're the list owner, you don't receive e.mail on a list unless
you're subscribed.

I use postfix as my MTA, so this might not work for you, but typically,
after editing my /etc/postfix/virtual, I restart postfix so that the
virtual file can be re-read [i use 'newaliases' to reload just
/etc/aliases, as a restart isn't needed in that case].

Also, just in case you haven't already, check the README.EXIM file to make
sure any MTA specific stuff needs to be done.

/vjl/