[Mailman-Users] Failures after Sendmail upgrade

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 2 03:19:40 CET 2003

Depending on how you upgraded, it might be checking the wrong directory
for smrsh information.  There is a note in the Archives discussing this.

=== From Keith Steward ===
When CMDDIR is not defined by the OS, then in smrsh.c it defaults to
/usr/adm/sm.bin/ .  Even though RedHat7.2 already has an /etc/smrsh/
directory (including a link entry there for slocal), the Sendmail (at
least the 8.11.6 version I downloaded and installed) was not using that
directory.  Instead, it was looking for the default /usr/adm/sm.bin/.
The /etc/smrsh/ directory was a red herring!  Once I created the
/usr/adm/sm.bin, and chmod 755 (recommended by the smrsch/README within
Sendmail), and then set up the symbolic link in there:
    mailman -> /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
the problem disappeared.
===

HtH - Jon Carnes