[Mailman-Users] logging who accesses a private archive?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 04:30:58 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 16:37, Staven Bruce wrote:

> Last but not least, yesterday I created a list that had spaces in the name,
> 'air quality alerts'. However, now I wish to delete it, and cannot. When I
> use 'rmlist air quality alerts', it just comes back with the 'rmlist' help
> info, even thought I have checked grammer and case. If I try to do a 'rmlist
> air' it tells me there is no such list. I have checked repeatedly, however
> the list remains. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Login to the server:
  cd ~mailman/lists
  rm -rf "listname with spaces in it"

There are some other directories to delete too
  rm -rf "listname with spaces in it.mbox"

  cd ~mailman/archives/private
  rm -rf "listname with spaces in it"

  cd ~mailman/archives/public
  rm -rf "listname with spaces in it"

That should remove all signs of the errant lists.

Jon