[Mailman-Users] Can't Change URL on Archives Page

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 13:48:55 CEST 2003

At 06:39 28/06/2003, Stephen David Scanlan wrote:
>In the archives page of a list I created with Mailman I need to change the
>link on the archives page that points to "more information about this
>list"
>
>The URL is incorrect and I can't find a way to change it.

You do not say in what way the URL is incorrect. If it is showing the wrong
hostname and the same incorrect hostname is currently being used in the
footers for mail out from the list the following references in the MM FAQ
and mailman-users archives are relevant:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.017.htp

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg17075.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg16714.html

>I originally input the wrong value, but can't find a way to change it.
>
>Should I delete the list, delete the archive and start again? The list is
>new.

If you have fixed the basic problem then you can force the list's archive
TOC page to be rebuilt by running $prefix/bin/arch: run that with the
--help option to get its usage.