[Mailman-Users] Announcement lists

Howard Lush howie at statmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:56:24 CEST 2003

Hi

I'm trying to set up an announcement-style list using Mailman, but I'm
having a few problems getting it to do exactly what I want. As I see it,
there are two ways of implementing a secure announcement list:

1. Approve each message as it is posted. This is fine, except that due
to the high volume of messages and number of lists that are involved I
am unable to approve every message via the web interface. As far as I
can see there is no method of bypassing this by using a password at the
top of the e-mail (e.g. Approved: password) or in the posting address
itself (e.g. test-password at domain.com).

2. To allow one address (e.g. secret at domain.com) to automatically post
without approval. This works fine, except that should anyone find out
the address, the list would become insecure. Therefore I turned on the
anonymous_list option so that the source address is masked and replaced
with the list address. The only problem with this is that the e-mail
arrives at the destination with the header: