[Mailman-Users] Starting qrunner for FreeBSD

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Wed Jun 25 17:50:21 CEST 2003

John Michael Mars said:
> There is not BSD specific documentation in there. I was thinking about
submitting a patch for anyone who wants it...

> Basically, (I use OpenBSD), you need to set this stuff in /etc/rc.local
and /etc/rc.shutdown instead of /etc/rc.d/init.d. BSDs are BSDish. Linux
is SysVish. The layout of some of the file system (including config
files) is a bit different. Linux, being the most popular, is the one
that typically gets documented and BSDers just have to get to it
themselves.

In FreeBSD the startup scripts are in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

--G.
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear "All
acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess