[Mailman-Users] Embedded Lists

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 21:10:56 CEST 2003

At 23:31 21/06/2003, Scott Coats wrote:
>I have installed Mailman and all seems fine.  However, I have some list
>within list.  When a user sends a message to a master list, I have to go
>into the moderation area and approve it.  WHY?  Can I fix it so this is
>not required?  Please advise...

When the message you send to the superior list reaches the sublist, the
sublist does not see itself in either the To: or Cc: headers. On the
default MM setup lists usually hold such messages for moderation in case
they are spam.

There is an option in the admin web GUI (for the subordinate) list where
you can tell the list to accept incoming posts that do not have that list
in the To: or Cc: headers. I think it is on the Privacy or one it its
subordinate pages; sorry I do not have a system at hand to check exactly
which web admin GUI page it is.